Wednesday, April 21, 2010

threads and pins

I've found inspiring from the work done with threads and pins by a British Designer - Debbie Smyth's. Threads have being stretched in between the pins which has created like a pen drawn image onto the board. I like how the lines are continuous giving you insight into the construction of the drawing. And threads and pins work always reminds me that it's related to fashion as thread and pins are both strongly emblematic to the construction of a garment.


an accurate scale drawing of electrical pylons composed of threads stretched between pins.

Taking inspiration from the artist's work, I've explored the same onto my tiny mannequin shadow. I'm intended to bring out the flatten boring shadow by adding some interesting texture and layers through the threads stretched between the pins.



No comments:

Post a Comment